Monday, March 28, 2016

HOW TO BOIL & PEEL AN EGG "PERFECTLY"

Ever struggled with the simple task of boiling and peeling an egg? Last week my dad asked me to make some eggs on toast for breakfast, which meant boiling up and peeling a few eggs. I didn't think it would be hard to do even though it had been a while since I had boiled an egg. But when it came to the peeling part, I found it pretty hard. I banged each egg on the counter to crack the shells and while some peeled good almost in one piece, others were being seriously stubborn. These eggs ended up getting the white peeled off with the shell. Poor eggs. And here is where I had to do some research on a fool proof way to perfectly boil and peel an egg so the next time I boiled a couple of eggs, I would do it perfectly. So if your having the same problem that I had, then keep reading for a foolproof way to boil and peel an egg.


















To get started, set your eggs in a sauce pan. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature to stop it from cracking. Add cold water to the pan and an additional one inch to cover the eggs for the boiling. Place the eggs with water over high heat and bring it to a boil. When boiling starts, set a timer for 10 minutes. The time for boiling could be around 10-12 minutes for hard boiled eggs & 4-6 minutes for soft boiled eggs.

















Once you have boiled the eggs for 10-12 minutes, turn off the heat and bring the eggs to the sink. Pour out all the water from the sauce pan and cover with cold water. Then add about 12-15 ice cubes in the water. (The amount of ice cubes depends on the amount of eggs you make and the size of your sauce pan) Keep the eggs in the cold water for about 10 minutes. This will stop them from cooking in the hot water and will help separate the shell from the egg white.

















I find it very annoying when an eggs does not peel perfectly so what I like to do is crack all around the egg, and slowly pull the shell away from the eggs....perfection right?  Sometimes the eggs will not peel this perfectly because it means the eggs are too fresh. The fresher the egg is, the harder it is to peel. If this happens, while peeling the egg, peel the egg on running water and try to remove it as slowly and carefully as you can.

Now this is a perfectly boiled and peeled egg. You can't go wrong when trying this method of peeling and boiling an egg, as long as you follow my guidelines on how to do it.
       
            Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment